Sunday, November 7, 2010



My roommate is terribly sick. We think it's the flu because she has been throwing up every which way and she's had bad diarrhea. Although I feel awful for her because I know she's in a lot of pain, I can't help but be jealous of all the weight that she's losing.

Yes - it's mostly water weight.

Yes - she's going to gain it all back.

Yes - it is probably not worth it.

Still, losing weight is losing weight. The last time I was that sick I literally lost 10 lbs. I gained most of it back but I still lost about 3 lbs and was able to maintain it.

I'm jealous :(

Darn my ridiculously healthy immune system.

5 comments:

  1. Dude I totally know what you mean.

    My freshman year in high school when I was 5 5 I got down to 102 when I was sick and it was amazing.

    I obviously gained it all back becuase I was swimming and gained all of my muscle but still, it was a wonderful feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know right, my friend got a 28 hour bug and lost 5 kilos. I tried so badly to catch it...
    but hey at least the weight you're losing will stay off!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all so fucked up. I haven't gotten the flu in about three years, and that. makes. me. sad.

    WTF.

    But, like I said, we are all so fucked up. And I love it. Also, maybe you can catch here germs? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, we are all so fucked up :) That's what helped kick start my weight loss last year - got bad flu and lost 4lbs in 2 days, then a further 2lbs!

    If only...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should go lick some homeless people or something. This getting sick business is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete